The Future is Insight

The title of this blog works on many levels- it plays off of my belief in hybrids being a critical step towards our future, the fact that introspection and mindful planning are critical to our future, and that the future is literally in sight for those that are willing to see it. Here I chronicle my attempt to Be the Change I wish to see in the world-and to help make that Future a Reality.

Monday, December 10, 2007

The Story of Stuff

Not sure if you have checked out the Story of Stuff videos yet, but I am thrilled with them. Accessible, compelling without being militant, and very well done. Here's a teaser.


What I am finding in my eco evangelism is that many people understand the need for recycling, energy efficiency, and habitat preservation. But they often do so in a piecemeal form, and lack the knowledge of how it all ties together to be able to Root Cause some solutions. The Natural Step and Permaculture are great ways to provide solutions, but many people are no where near ready for that level of detail yet.

I am more of a "do-er" than a marketer. I prefer to work on the solutions and let others work on marketing. And that is why I love videos like this, books like Omnivore's Dilemma, and movies like an Inconvenient Truth. They are laying a foundational awareness so that a critical mass of the population can be ready for change before it is too late.

-Rob

Labels: , ,

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!

1 Comments:

At 5:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ecu upgrades
It was individually designed for every specific vehicle, which means you get a custom-made X3 unit delivering maximum output. This X3 performance parts is likely to increase the horsepower about 20% to 50%. It helps you in gaining more power while towing a trailer on ramps. Likewise, it increases the fuel efficiency while cruising. Casual drivers may look upon for maximum fuel economy and power in this performance parts.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home